Elena N. Williams earned Master Science in Oriental Medicine from Southwest Acupuncture College (Boulder Campus) in December, 2005. This four-year program consists of 2,853.0 hours of academic training, including 1,000 hours clinical experience. The National Certification Commition (NCCAOM) certified her as Diplomate in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine in January 2006. This includes certification in Clean Needle Techniques and Chinese Herbology. Elena interned in The People’s Hospital in Beijing, China in August- September 2005.
Elena’s training includes adjunctive therapies such as moxibustion (heat therapy), tuina, acupressure, cupping, auricular acupuncture, and electrical stimulation of acupoints, cosmetic procedures by acupuncture (cosmetic acupuncture), Japanese style acupuncture (Toyohari), pediatric acupuncture, herbal therapy and dietary and lifestyle recommendations.
Elena is a member of the Acupuncture Association of Colorado. She is licensed acupuncturist in Colorado since 2006. None of her licenses or certificates has ever been suspended or revoked.
Elena complies with the rules and regulations promulgated by the Colorado Department of Health. Proper cleaning and sterilization of acupuncture tools and sanitation of an acupuncture office are applied. Only single-use, disposable, factory-sterilized needles are utilized.
Education and Training Background
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM) from South West Acupuncture College (Boulder Campus) in Dec. 2005
Licenses and Credentials
- Certified as Diplomate in Oriental Medicine by National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) in December 2005
- Includes certification in Clean Needle Techniques and Chinese Herbology in June 2003
- Completed Cosmetic Acupuncture Seminars with Dr. Rosen in June 2004
- Completed Facial Rejuvenation with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs with Virginia Doran in July 2004
- Completed Seminar on the Clinical Application of Warm Diseases Theory in September 2004
- Completed Seminar TCM Supportive Cancer Care in April 2005
- Complete course of Chinese Herbal Medicine – China Beijing International Training Center in September-August 2005)
- Completed Toyohari Meridian Therapy Acupuncture training program (from January to October 2005)
- Completed Integrative Cranial Therapy and CSF pathway relief /with Peggy Dougherty, N.D.,CMT.
- Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal/ module 1
- Constitutional Non-Needle Modalities and Herbal Adjunct Therapies/module2, taught by Mary Elizabeth Wakefield In June 2008.
- Trained in People’s Hospital in Beijing, China Sep.- Aug 2005
- Clinical Internship in SWAC Acupuncture Clinic (Aug 2002 – Dec 2005)
- Private Practice as Licensed Acupuncturist since Sept. 2005
Societies and Memberships
- Member of Acupuncture Association of Colorado
- Member of Toyohari Association of North America